Position Summary: The Director of Operations will be responsible for the laboratory’s overall daily and financial operations. Direct supervision and delegation of responsibilities as appropriate to Department Supervisors. Developing and approving department-specific policies and participating in the development and approval of laboratory-wide policies and procedures. Ensures all laboratory policies and practices are followed. Accepting and supporting activities delegated by Ownership.
- Participates in the selection, development, and maintenance of a competent and professional staff of employees.
- Continuously improves the laboratory to meet customer expectations, service, quality goals and maximizes patient safety.
- Develops, oversees, and maintains company, department-specific, and laboratory-wide policies, procedures, and programs.
- Manages logistics and courier services to ensure samples are being tracked and received.
- Participates in the development of area-specific operating and capital budgets. Manages expenses accordingly.
- Functions as a resource to supervisory staff and other employees to minimize errors and maximize service.
- Ensures that the areas for which they are responsible are current and in compliance with all regulations and required documentation for state and federal regulation of laboratory operations.
- Drives the selection, development, and implementation of instrumentation to maintain a State-of-the-Art Laboratory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
Bachelor / equivalent degree in science or education to meet CLIA/CAP regulations. Minimum ten years of laboratory experience. ASCP certification preferred. Leadership skills and supervisory abilities.
Reports to the CEO. Also works closely with the laboratory Medical Director, Department Managers, and Supervisors.